Community Assessment and Planning (CAP) are key early steps in community organizing. Before starting to organize, it is important to understand community needs and wants then develop a plan to fulfill them. CAP involves determining project scope, determining data needs, collecting data, interpreting findings and developing action plans based on the findings.
You will need to demonstrate a project that integrates these skills. For this particular badge, the requirements and skills will need to have evidence as proof of achievement. The proof will need to include all of the deliverables and meets the requirements listed below. This proof is necessary for earning the Community Assessment and Planning skill badge.
Skill Requirements and Linked Deliverables:
- Skill: Defining the scope of an assessment:
- Deliverable: Describe the scope of the assessment.
- Deliverable: Discuss the benefits of determining a scope.
- Skill: Understanding the difference between an independent or collaborative assessment:
- Deliverable: Describe the benefits and drawbacks of doing an independent vs. collaborative assessment.
- Skill: Collecting data:
- Deliverable: Describe how the data was collected.
- Deliverable: Share the data that was collected.
- Skill: Determining key findings:
- Deliverable: Describe how the findings were determined.
- Deliverable: Share the key findings.
- Skill: Setting priorities:
- Deliverable: How were the priorities determined?
- Deliverable: What were the priorities?
- Skill: Creating an action plan:
- Deliverable: Describe how the action plan was determined.
- Deliverable: Share the action plan.
- Skill: Sharing and presenting the action plan:
- Deliverable: State who the plan was shared with and why.
- Deliverable: Why is sharing the plan important?
Each of these skill requirements have an associated deliverable. When you’re submitting your application, make sure to include all the deliverables.
Once the project is complete, the next step is to submit an application for review. In this, you’ll need to submit a description of the project and submit the deliverables for each required skill.