The Digital Harbor Foundation (DHF) is a unique nonprofit with a high-energy team of passionate people who care about creating opportunities for youth. We love fostering learning, creativity, productivity, and community in everything that we do, including among our own staff.
As the Development Manager, you would have a key role to play and help spearhead development efforts to help DHF continue to grow regionally and become even more recognized nationally for the amazing work we have accomplished over the past four years.
You would work closely with both the Board of Trustees and the Executive Director (to whom you would be reporting). Your primary responsibilities include creating, managing, and advising the fundraising efforts for Digital Harbor Foundation. You will have a wide degree of autonomy and need both a strong sense of independence and work ethic to be successful in this role. You will have access to a significant network through the relationships built by DHF’s senior staff and its board.
The next 12-18 months will see significant growth for the organization and we need your professional expertise and tireless work-ethic to realize our organization’s full potential.
- co-develop and execute DHF’s annual fundraising plan, including foundation, corporate, government, sponsorships, and annual giving
- responsible for full-cycle development (from proposals through reports) for foundation and corporate fundraising, including grant writing and reporting
- collaborate with the Board, Executive Director and other senior staff, to develop and maintain donor relationships and increase prospective supporters
- maintain giving records and individual giving recognition
- build and maintain collaborative relationships with peer organizations
- in collaboration with senior staff, maintain financial reporting records throughout the year and co-produce DHF’s annual report.
- strong writing and verbal communication skills
- experience writing grants and creating budgets
- excellent organizational, managerial, and communication skills, including pro-actively anticipating deadlines, performing under pressure, and working with remote partners.
- strong sense of creativity, self-direction, independent research time management, collaboration, use of technology, and willingness to learn new things.
- knowledge of Baltimore-area philanthropic and/or tech environment a plus
*A background check is required for this position and will be paid for by Digital Harbor Foundation.
This position is full-time and includes DHF’s standard health, dental, other benefit package, and paid-time-off. Salary commensurate with experience.
Send resume, 3 references, and cover letter to [email protected]