Field Trip Specialists are an important resource for our daytime program at the Digital Harbor Foundation Tech Center, working to lead and support introductory experiences to field trip participants focused on maker and technology activities. Through brief and limited interactions, Field Trip Specialists work to ensure that youth are engaged in a maker activity, learn something new about the focus topic, and have a positive experience in our space.
While Field Trip Specialists are part-time positions, one should expect to receive assignments to work with elementary, middle, or high school aged youth up to 5 days a week both during the school year.
Core Hours for this position are 8:00am – 1:00pm, Monday – Friday.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Confidently lead elementary, middle, or high school aged youth in 3D design and 3D printing activities
- Maintain appropriate behavioral management of a group of 15-25 youth to ensure safety and productivity
- Support youth-centric learning by supporting development of skills relating to new tools and resources for maker activities
- Understand and adapt teaching strategies to youth with a variety of learning styles and capabilities
- Work together with colleagues and DHF staff to deliver high quality programs for youth
- Clean and care for DHF technology, tools, and facilities
- Continually develop personal tech and youth development skills related to current topics in maker and technology education
Duties As Assigned:
- Contribute input and feedback to improve the content and / or overall experience of the field trip program
- Research, evaluate, and implement new technology tools and resources to enhance DHF programs
- Organize and prepare materials, content, equipment, and space to foster a positive learning environment and productive working environment
- Willingness and ability to learn quickly and efficiently solve problem on the go
- Technically savvy and proficient at using both Macs & PCs
- Confident in ability to lead a hands-on experience with youth that is engaging, informative, and fun
- Comfortable working collaboratively with youth to solve problems and learn new information
- Great at prioritizing responsibilities and multitasking as needed
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Independent & Self Motivated
- Knowledgeable and skilled in 3D printing a plus
- Familiarity or experience with the Maker Movement