Program Specialists are an important resource for the youth at the Digital Harbor Foundation Tech Center, supporting them in discovering and developing their potential through maker and technology activities. Through daily interactions, Program Specialists work to ensure that youth are productive, receive the help that they need, and actively provide technical guidance to aid in a youth’s progression through DHF’s programs.
Additionally, Program Specialists may be asked to design and create maker activities, including: documentation, lesson plans, blog posts, and other curricular supports that can be used in future DHF programs (as assigned).
While Program Specialists are part-time positions, one should expect to receive assignments to work with elementary, middle, or high school aged youth up to 5 days a week both during the school year and throughout the summer.
Core Hours for this position are 2:00pm – 6:30pm, Monday – Friday.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Confidently lead elementary, middle, or high school aged youth in maker and/or technology activities
- Maintain appropriate behavioral management of a group of 15-25 youth to ensure safety and productivity
- Thoughtfully care for the emotional and intellectual needs of youth in DHF programs
- Support youth-centric learning by supporting development of skills relating to new tools and resources for maker activities
- Understand and adapt teaching strategies to youth with a variety of learning styles and capabilities
- Work together with colleagues and DHF staff to deliver high quality programs for youth
- Clean and care for DHF technology, tools, and facilities
- Continually develop personal tech and youth development skills related to current topics in maker and technology education
Duties As Assigned:
- Research, evaluate, and implement new technology tools and resources to enhance DHF programs
- Plan and prepare new maker and/or technology content for delivery to youth, including the creation of lesson plans, curricular content, and other instructional resources for use in DHF program
- Organize and prepare materials, content, equipment, and space to foster a positive learning environment and productive working environment
- Document work being done in the program via blog posts and shared resources
- Willingness and ability to learn quickly and efficiently solve problem on the go
- Technically savvy and proficient at using both Macs & PCs
- Comfortable working collaboratively with youth to solve problems and learn new information
- Confident in ability to research, evaluate, and implement technology resources and solutions
- Great at prioritizing responsibilities and multitasking as needed
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Independent & Self Motivated
- Knowledgeable and skilled in our maker and technology focus areas a plus
- Familiarity or experience with the Maker Movement