INDEPENDENT STUDY (Any Day for High School Members)
February 11 @ 4:00 pm - May 23 @ 6:00 pm$1 – $850.00
Please Note: This course is ONLY open to high school Members. If you have questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Course Dates: Monday February 11, 2019 – Thursday May 23, 2019
- Course Schedule:
- 2 sessions per week
- Youth who enroll in this course are expected to attend 2 days per week for AT LEAST 2 hours per session. Youth will be asked to indicate their intended days of attendance in the registration.
- 4pm – 7pm
- Doors open at 3:00pm with a meal served at 3:30pm
- 2 sessions per week
- Register By: Friday February 8, 2019
Independent Study is an opportunity for high school Members who wish to work on a project that furthers their knowledge in a particular skill area or helps them develop skills outside of those offered in current DHF courses. This is also a great way for Members who have a schedule that doesn’t easily fit with the schedule of courses we typically offer to still be involved at DHF. It is not paid work. This course is ONLY open to high school aged Members.
Members participating in the Independent Study track submit a Project Planning Form and work independently to achieve project milestones with the guidance of a staff mentor. The number of hours of the Independent Study project will be determined by the youth proposing the project plan.
Independent Study projects can be in one or more of the following skill areas:
- Coding / Programming (Web, Game)
- Design (3D, Graphic)
- Electronics (Arduino, Raspberry Pi)
- Fabrication (3D Printing, Lasercutting, Milling)
- Communication (Digital Media, Podcasting, Movies)
At Digital Harbor Foundation we firmly believe that financial capacity should never be a barrier to participation in our youth programs. That’s why we proudly offer all of our youth programs under a Pay-What-You-Can pricing model.
Please help support our high-quality programs however much you are able.
- Full Cost plus support for another
- Full Cost
- 75% of Full Cost
- 25% of Full Cost
- 10% of Full Cost
- Other (a donation amount different from one of the above ticket prices)