Maker Foundations is an introductory course for middle and high school youth. Enjoy learning new skills and creating projects as an exploration of popular maker topics. In this program you will design and 3D print your own creations, learn to program games and make your own game artwork, make a website, create interactive electronics, and much more!
No prior experience necessary! We will teach you everything you need to know to be successful!
- Youth are asked to commit to regular attendance 2 days per week (Mondays & Wednesdays OR Tuesdays & Thursdays) for a full trimester (~14 weeks)
- Attend Open House on Wednesday August 29th from 5:30pm-7:00pm
- Participate in the Anniversary Showcase on Thursday January 17, 2019
- Complete documentation (photos, videos, written summaries) of projects throughout course (Don’t worry – we will show you how!)
- Program Start Date: MONDAY SEPTEMBER 24, 2018
- Program End Date: THURSDAY JANUARY 17, 2019
- REGISTER BY: FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 14th
At Digital Harbor Foundation we firmly believe that financial capacity should never be a barrier to participation in our youth programs. That’s why we proudly offer all of our youth programs under a Pay-What-You-Can pricing model.
Please help support our high-quality programs however much you are able:
- Full Cost plus support for another
- Full Cost
- 75% of Full Cost
- 25% of Full Cost
- 10% of Full Cost
- Other (a donation amount different from one of the above ticket prices)
For each of our programs there is a real cost. If you are unable to pay this full price, we invite you to pay the amount that is affordable for your family. No proof of income is required and no one is turned away based on what they pay.
Our full cost for each seat is calculated based on the length of program, staffing, materials, and access to technology. When families pay whatever they can, it allows us to serve more youth with more of our time and attention by reducing the amount of time we have to spend fundraising.
We encourage all interested families to attend our Open House event on Wednesday August 29th from 5:30pm-7pm. During Open House, families will meet the staff and receive detailed information about the program and accompanying expectations. A brief informative presentation will take place at 6:00pm. Parents / Guardians should plan to attend with their child(ren).
If there are still spaces available, families will be able to register on-site as well. However, if you already know that you’d like to participate, we do not recommend waiting until Open House to register as spaces will go quickly.
Open House will be held on Wed. Aug. 29th from 5:30-7pm at DHF Tech Center, 1045 Light Street Baltimore, MD 21230.
Fall 2018 Maker Foundations Courses
Start Date / Time: September 24 @ 4:00 pm
Register here for the Fall 2018 Monday / Wednesday Maker Foundations course for youth in grades 6-11.
Start Date / Time: September 25 @ 4:00 pm
Register here for the Fall 2018 Tuesday / Thursday Maker Foundations course for youth in grades 6-11.