Maker Foundations is an introductory course for middle and high school youth. Enjoy learning new skills and creating projects as an exploration of popular maker topics. In this program you will design and 3D print your own creations, learn to program games and make your own game artwork, make a website, create interactive electronics, and much more!
No prior experience necessary! We will teach you everything you need to know to be successful! Completion of this program leads to advanced courses and more opportunities such as possible employment, college credit, and leadership experiences.
During some cycles, we offer an All-Girls Cohort of our Maker Foundations program. This special cohort will meet on the same schedule indicated below, but will be a set pair of days (either Mon/Wed or Tue/Thu). Any female-identifying youth interested in joining the program may join this cohort or the Co-Ed Cohort when both are offered.
- Youth are asked to commit to regular attendance 2 days per week for a full trimester (~14 weeks)
- Participate in the End-of-Semester Showcase
- Grade Level: 6-11
- Program Schedule:
- 2 sessions per week: Mondays & Wednesdays OR Tuesdays & Thursdays
- 4pm – 6pm
- Doors open at 3:00pm; Meal served at 3:30pm
- Program Cost: This program is a Pay-What-You-Can program