Mini Makers is an after-school program focused on introducing young makers to the exciting intersection of art, technology, and making. This program allows elementary-aged youth to explore, build, learn, solve, and most importantly, grow as a maker.
Mini Makers imagine, plan, communicate, then create original projects from stop-motion animation to Minecraft, Scratch-based video games, upcycling, 3D printing, laser-cutting, and more.
Pickup is provided for Federal Hill Prep students.
- Grade Level: 3-5
- Program Schedule:
- 2 sessions per week: Mondays & Wednesdays OR Tuesdays & Thursdays
- 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Doors open at 3:00 pm; Meal served at 3:15 pm
- Power Hour: 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Program Cost: This program is a Pay-What-You-Can program
- Each course covers a variety of technology and maker topics
In this upcoming course, youth can come and learn how to design fun images and graphics in 2D and then put that knowledge to use in three dimensions with 3D printing and other digital fabrication techniques!